Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bottle silhouettes




This bottle is based on a Coca Cola bottle. It's a bit of a predictable choice for a soda beverage, but I wanted to give a more traditional bottle shape a shot.



This bottle is based on an Orangina bottle. I was thinking in the direction of a fizzy orange beverage for my product, and wanted to explore the Orangina's shape. The shape itself has a very fancy feel, like it contains an expensive liquor or maybe cologne. I'm not sure if this is the perception that I want associated with my drink. It also seems to give off a very retro feel, which might run counter to a beverage product that uses themes of astronomy and scifi.



My third design is based on an actual NASA space rocket, I believe from the Mercury program of the 60's. I wanted to see what a bottle that borrows from the shape of a space vessel might lend to the product, since I'm using a very spacey style for the product's design. Unfortunately, it does still give the impression of something very traditional, almost antiquated. Like maybe if I rub it a genie will come out. However, perhaps with a more appropriate color scheme and a well-designed label, the perception could be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment